Welcome to our site!
Stormville Oil is your source for your home or office heating oil needs with quality service and competitive pricing. Contact us today for more information.
Our updated website includes pricing information for our current rack price on delivered home heating oil. Please note that our minimum delivery is 150 gallons and only to a select region. If you order before that timeframe you will receive your delivery that week, If you order after our delivery was scheduled your delivery will be scheduled for the following week. *Prices are subject to change without notice, please call for the latest price*
Good morning New York, we want you to stay safe during this winter storm. Here is some advice from your heating company.
Monday night through Thursday we all will experience temperatures and wind chills that our homes’ heating systems are NOT designed for. -20 to -30-degree temperatures with wind chills into -40 and up to -50+.
Newer homes will struggle to maintain temperature and older homes will NOT maintain temperature and the temperature WILL drop while the heating system is working at full capacity.
1. Please raise the temperature in your home on Monday, 2 to 4 degrees above your normal setting.
2. Take all programmable thermostats out of setback mode and set on a permanent HOLD.
3. If you have a furnace; replace the filter.
4. Keep garage doors closed.
5. Limit opening exterior doors.
6. Make sure air vents and radiators are not blocked or obstructed.
7. If you have a 90%+ furnace and boiler: You must keep the intake and exhaust clear of ice and snow. During these cold temperatures, ice can build up. A 90%+ furnace and boiler have 2 white PVC pipes; an exhaust pipe and an intake pipe that are generally on the side or back of your home. In some instances, they are on your roof, do NOT go on your roof to clear the pipe.
If the temperature in your home is dropping and your radiators are HOT with boiler systems or you have HOT air coming out of your vents with furnaces DO NOT PANIC. Please make sure that your heating system continues to operate.
If the temperatures drop in your home, it will not be able to recover until temperatures rise and the windchill diminishes. Our heating systems cannot overcome temperatures -20 to -30 with wind chill up to -50+. They are sized to operate at 0 degrees outdoor. Put your thermostat on hold 70 degrees or higher.
To help minimize temperature loss you can boil water, make soup, or stews; they help introduce humidity and warmer temperatures into your home. DO NOT USE YOUR OVEN or a GRILL TO HEAT YOUR HOME. Please check on neighbors and elderly residents during these extreme temperatures. Stay warm and safe this week and share this email with any of your family and friends.
Key is do NOT panic with falling temps inside your home if you have heat coming out of your registers. It is doing all it can.
Stay safe and bring your pets inside.
Remember that the cost of an emergency repair is significantly more expensive than fuel savings and a frozen pipe could lead to extensive damage to your home and belongings. Your oil usage during this cold snap will be greater than usual. Due to this freeze, it also means that more customers may need emergency service than usual which may have a great impact on the time needed to be dispatched to your repair. By applying these preventative steps, you are going to be much better off in the long run. We wish you a Happy New Year and Appreciate Your Choosing Stormville Oil! – Stormville Oil Staff